Owning a home is essential. That is why it’s an American Dream for many. However, most homeowners agree on one thing -maintenance is paramount. A safe home must have insurance, but a good one has maintenance fund for repairs. If you are not keen, pests such as termites increase the cost of maintenance. Termite treatment San Jose cannot be ignored. Keep reading to find out why.
What do termites feed on?
Termites are known to feed on wood. They have no preference when it comes to wooden furnishings. Anything woody is a meal as long as they cross their path. Little is known on whether they can feed on human flesh. However, it is undisputed that they bite if threatened.
If you stumble upon a colony of termites, their soldiers will naturally get defensive to safeguard the larvae and queen. The situation becomes the Game of Thrones when you try stepping on them. Therefore, if you don’t have a good strategy, call pest control specialists to help you remove them.
What are some symptoms of termite bites?
Termite bites are not deadly. When bitten you may not get sick. However, you will go through an uncomfortable experience. Their symptoms resemble those of mosquito and ant bites. A few signs include:
- Red sores appearance on the bitten skin region.
- A burning sensation on the skin.
- Skin becomes itchy as it heals.
What are some of the best termite treatment?
Even though termite symptoms go away naturally, tolerating pain and discomfort is not cakes and ale. Fortunately, treatment remedies that make the recovery process fast and less irritating are available. They include:
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Benadryl cream
- See a doctor
How do you know termites are present?
Noticing termite presence in your home is not a walk in the park. These uninvited guests burrow inside walls whether they are made of wood or concrete. The damages they cause are not apparent initially but are costly to repair and replace. It is prudent to find them before it’s too late
Some signs to look out for include:
- Mud-like material arranged in a pattern.
- An excavation made into your home leaving a very thin wood layer on top.
- The thin wooden layer breaks off but is repaired using soil and feces.
- Piles of wings left behind by swarms of termite colonies when their numbers multiply.
- Mud tunnels on walls, windows, and cracks.
What other damages can termites do?
Termites damage anything wooden. Here are some top reasons why you should get rid of termites ASAP.
- Termites are silent destroyers
- Termites destroy faster than any other insects
- Home inspectors know where to look for termites during inspections
- Detecting termite presence is not easy until they have caused significant damages
How can you stop termite damages?
Since termites are silent destroyers, homeowners have few options. In case you suspect termites are present in your house, contact Mighty Mite for termite treatment San Jose. Also, make it a routine to have your home inspected regularly.